Do you recall my sister picking up some baking pans for me a few weeks ago? Well I am finding uses for them and have to share my finds. This pan is a mini loaf pan.
Isn’t it adorable? I am sure that there are others out there that get excited about cookware. My sister called me yesterday to have me look at Walmart’s website to see a Texas Muffin Pan. I was impressed but believe that I will have to have the castle or train muffin pans to make goodies for Caleb the spectacular grandchild. J
I love pound cake and found a website with a recipe that I swear I was unable to tell the low carb from the regular carb laden pound cake. I took the cake to work with me this morning and shared it with my wonderful co-worker Tiffany. She either really loved it or faked it very well. J
I tried going back to the website today and for some reason the website was down. I am adding the link to the original but will copy the recipe below just in case the link doesn’t work.
Almond Pound Cake (Low Carb) Recipe
· 1 cup butter softened
· 1 cup Splenda
· 5 eggs
· 2 cups Blanched Almond Meal Flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp lemon extract
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter and Splenda.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each.
4. Mix almond flour with baking powder; Add to egg mixture a little at a time.
5. Add extracts.
6. Pour into 9″ Greased cake pan. (I used mini loaf pan)
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes. (I baked for 20 minutes)
8 slices come to about 5.
8 carbs each.
Optional: Serve with whipped cream or strawberries.
Some variations were:
1. Add cocoa and eliminate the lemon extract for chocolate pound cake.
2. Add banana extract instead of lemon and some chopped nuts for a banana nut cake.