I love this soup. Mike wouldn’t even try it because of the vegetables. Heaven forbid a vegetable passes his lips. Healthy food would probably put him in a coma. lol
Anyway, I will be making this for myself again. I loved it. I tested my glucose 2 hours after eating and it was only 104. This one is a keeper.
Italian Sausage Soup
3 medium onions, sliced
1 sweet red pepper, sliced
1 sweet yellow pepper, sliced
1 sweet orange pepper, sliced
1 Tablespoon minced garlic, from a jar
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
2-3 pounds sweet Italian Sausage, cut into bite size pieces
1. Saute onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil in non-stick skillet. When just softened, place in slow cooker.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
3. Add Sausage and stir well.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Serve in bowls topped with parmesan cheese.