Mike and I loved this. We had it for 2 dinners and I had more to take to work for my lunch. None of it went to waste. I hadn’t made a roast in quite some time so this was a nice break. I also hadn’t used my crockpot much lately. Now that winter is here I need to start making soups more in it.
BBQ Pot Roast
- 2.5 pound beef chuck roast
- 3 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 16 ounces tomatoes (I canned these but you could use store bought in a size similar to this amount)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (this helps your body to process carbs)
- 5 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
Place roast in a 3 quart slow cooker. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Meat will shred easily with a fork.