This week we were introduced to the contestants for Season 11. I will try to give a break down of each team and individual. I was hoping that we could discuss what is going on each week. With so many people making New Years Resolutions to lose weight I think we could all work out and plan healthy meals each week right along with the contestants. Everyone could share how much they lost for the week (without actually sharing your weight if you don’t want to).
I don’t want to add pressure to anyone but perhaps if you joined a community where you publicly declared that you planned to lose you might be able to find support to help you stay on task to reach your goal.
This season we met the following people.
- Arthur- He Is the biggest contestant that the show has ever had. He weighed in at 507 pounds while only 5’8. He is 34 years old and a stay at home dad/day care provider. After one week he weighed in at 476 pounds- losing 31 pounds. He is on the blue team and on Bob and Jillian’s workout team. His father is his partner.
- Jessie- He weighed in a 293 pounds and is also on the blue team. He is dad to Arthur. He works as an insurance agent and wants to be supportive of his son’s weight loss. Unfortunately he lost the least amount of the men on this episode. At the weekly weigh in he had lost down to 286- only losing 7 pounds. He is on Bob and Jillian’s workout team.
- Courtney- This woman is very inspirational. She had to lose over 100 pounds before the show would allow her to be a contestant. She weighed in at 323 and after the first week had lost down to 308- 15 pound loss. Her mother is her partner on the show She is 22 years and on the aqua team and is on Bob and Jillian’s workout team. I have no doubt that this young lady will be a force to be reckoned with in this competition.
- Marci- She is 49 years old and weighed in at 238 pounds. After one week she weighed in at 224- 14 pound loss. She owns a health club and a Dairy Queen in Indiana. She is very supportive of her daughter and together they will make drastic changes in their lives while on this show.
- Rulon- He once competed and won in the Olympics for wrestling. He is now 39 years old and is a gym owner and motivational speaker. He will have quite the story to tell to inspire others once he regains control of his health during this competition. He weighed in at 474 pounds. After one week he weighed in at 442- losing 32 pounds. He is on the yellow team and is on the new trainers team.
- Justin- He is friends with Rulon and they are very supportive of each other. Justin gave a very emotional story during the initial weigh in of how important losing the weight is for him. He weighed in at 365 and after one week he had lost down to 338- 27 pound loss. He and Rulon are determined and prepared to compete in this game and to become healthy again. He is on the yellow team and on the new trainers team.
- Kaylee- She is 20 years old and a student. She is on the gray team with her father. Kaylee was so determined during the first challenge of the show and she was actually running on the treadmill to be able to choose while training team she could be on. She weighed in at 233 pounds and is on the new trainers team. I had to look online to learn that she had lost 15 pounds.
- Moses is Kaylee’s dad. He is 47 years old and garage door installer. He is on the gray team and weighed in at 440 pounds. They did show his weight loss and after one week he weighed 399- 41 pound loss. He is also on the new trainers team along with his daughter.
- Dan- Is part of a team with his twin. You can barely see the physical difference between the two. His story is that he had lost his weight and his son had told him how proud he was. Then his son had died from a drug overdose and after his death he had gained all of the weight back. He wants to lose the weight again in the honor of his son. He is a police captain and weighed in at 287. He is on the black team and on Bob and Jillian’s workout team. After one week he had weighed in at 268- 19 pounds.
- Don- He is 54 years old and twin to Dan. He wants to lose his weight because his son has disowned him because he is ashamed of him and also because he doesn’t want to watch him continue to kill himself due to his weight. He weighed in at 309 and after one week weighed 288- 21 pound loss. He is on the black team and works out with Bob and Jillian.
- Austin- He is 21 years old and a Radio Board Operator. He is on the brown team and is on the new trainers team. He weighed in at 396 and has lost 27 pounds at the end of the first week. His dad is on his team.
- Ken- He is Austin’s dad and 49 years old and a pastor in California. He weighed in at 377 and after one week had lost 13 pounds. The show didn’t show the storyline of the team that is working out on the new training team. Hopefully we learn more next week.
- Sarah- She is on the show because losing weight is only chance of being able to have a baby. She has had numerous miscarriages and her doctors attribute this to her weight. Her mother is her partner and they are on the pink team. She works as a college admissions counselor. She weighed in at 261 and after one week had lost 14 pounds. She is on the new trainers team.
- Deni- She is also on the pink team and is mom to Sarah. She is 59 years old and is an administrative assistance. She is also on the new trainers team and weighed in at 256 pounds. After one week she has lost 19 pounds.
- Jennifer- She is 28 years old and Entrepreneur in digital media. She weighed in at 255 and after one week weighed in at 258- 20 pound loss. She is on Bob and Jillian’s team.
- Jay- He is Jennifer’s partner on the green team. He weighed in at 400 pounds and after one week weighed 374- 26 pounds. He also is on Bob and Jillian’s team.
- Olivia- She is an opera singer and manager of plastic surgery office. She is partnered with her sister for the game. She weighed in at 245 pounds and at the end of the first week weighed 231- 16 pound loss. She is on the purple team and on Bob and Jillian’s team.
- Hannah- She is on Olivia’s team. She weighed in at 248 and after one week weighed 232-16 pound loss. She is a human resources representative for a healthcare company.
- Larialmy- She is on the show with her husband and they are on the red team. They are on the new trainer’s team and were not shown much at all. They didn’t even show how much they had weighed in at. I was very disappointed in this. I found online that she had weighed in at 300 pounds and after one week had lost 12 pounds.
- Jaquin- He is married to Larialmy and on the red team. According to a website he weighed in at 438 and after one week had lost 11 pounds. He is a patient services representative. I hope that the show gives them more air time next week. We never got to see who they are or what their stories are.
- Irene- She is on the show with her mother. They are on the orange team and Bob and Jillian’s team. She is a student in Oregon. She weighed in at 255 and after one week she weighed 242- 13 pounds.
- Ana- She is Irene’s mother. She weighed in at 255 pounds and after one week weighed 246- 9 pound loss. Ana was voted off on this weeks episode. It was a very emotional time for all of them. Irene asked the team to keep her mother and Ana asked the team to keep her daughter. I do believe in the end the team made the right choice.
When they did the follow-up to see how Ana was doing at home she had lost a total of 50 pounds and looked amazing. She was able to take a better job with the postal service because she could now walk the route to deliver the mail.
It is too early to make a prediction as to who should win. We haven’t even met most of the contestants or know their stories. I am looking forward to each week and I promise that after this posting the other postings for Biggest Loser won’t be this long. What did you think of this weeks episode?