I am making a few changes on the blog. I am not going to post weekly menu’s for a while. Now that we are making changes in other areas of our lives I plan to share much of that too. This blog will always be about controlling my Diabetes and sharing new low carb recipes. I hope to share at least 2-3 recipes per week. But now that we are moving towards selling the house and moving onto the farm I am very excited and want to share the struggles along the way.
First of all we have several goals that we want to make for ourselves.
- Sell our current house. This means that we have to finish remodeling a few things and stage the house to sell. Mike, being a contractor, already knows which realtor that we should use. That is one thing that I don’t have to research. We are going to put a new roof on this house, siding and install the new windows. We have already bought the new windows and now Mike just needs the time to put them in.
- We need to get the farm into our name. Everything has been done already. We have to sign and get the insurance started and it is a done deal.
- We need to build a road on the farm to get us to the area we want the house to be. Then we have to get city water and electric up there so that the men who work for Mike can build the house. They need electric for the power tools.
- Before we sell the house we are getting a storage unit and putting several things in it to stage the house to make it sell faster. This also includes getting a new guest bed.
- We are replacing all of the interior doors in the house to match the kitchen cabinets and changing all of the wood trim everywhere too.
We want to have the house on the market by May. Do you think we can do it? We want to become self-sufficient on our farm within 2 years from now. We want chickens, cows and a garden. We want to can what we grow and live off of the land. Our goal is to be completely debt free within 2 years. Mike and I have made a budget and if we really scrimp and save I think we can come close. So do you plan to stick around with the new changes to the blog? I hope that you do. Perhaps I can share ways that you can save as well and fulfill your own dreams.