I really liked this one. Mike hasn’t tried them yet. I am typing this before he has gotten home from work (last night). Next time I will use boneless porkchops because searching for the bones was a hamper of my enjoying the meal. But I still managed to clean my plate. 🙂
The recipe is as follows.
Italian Pork with Vegetables
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, shaped into 1 inch balls
- 3 (4-ounce) cans mushrooms with liquid
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons dried minced onion or 1 small onion sliced into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon each of dried oregano, basil and dried parsley
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- Parmesan cheese
First add pork chops and italians sausage in the bottom of the crockpot.
Next add sliced red and orange bell peppers.
Next add mushrooms and spices. I used canned mushrooms but I think fresh mushrooms would also be good.
Top with tomato sauce.
Cook on low for 7 hours and enjoy. I tried it as is and it was very good.
Then I thought this would be wonderful with parmesan cheese and it was. Try it both ways and you will see that parmesan gives it the extra punch. This recipe serves 6.
This was so nice to come home from work and have my dinner already made for me. 🙂
BTW: I love my new job. 🙂
Nutritional information: Calories- 835.7, Fat- 49.8 grams, Carbohydrate- 9.3 grams (2.2 grams from dietary fiber and 2.2 grams from sugars)
If you do net carbs with your low carb diet that comes to 4.9 carbs