I went to my doctor yesterday and he has taken me off of blood pressure medications for good. Yay!!! This is excellent news for me. I feel wonderful. With the weight loss and all of the exercise that I am getting at my new job I no longer need it. I now get to keep $65 in my pocket each month. Yay!!!
Lets talk about exercise for a bit. Everyone has heard that if you exercise you will lose weight faster and control your Diabetes easier. That is true. A few other perks of exercising are:
- The more exercise you do the more energy you have. No more coming home from work and flopping on the couch to watch TV all evening. Nope. You can keep the house clean, bathe the dog, play with the grandchild. Life is fun.
- The more exercise you do the more food that you can eat. Now lets talk about this one. That doesn’t mean you can go overboard or eat high carb sugary foods. Nope it doesn’t. When I started this job I had to actually increase my food intake. I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks and had to increase my calories and added about 5 carbs to my lunch. My glucose is still around 85 two hours after eating.
- The more exercise that you do the stronger you feel. I used to feel a lot of weakness in my lower back. Now I can keep up with the employees that are half my age. I no longer feel as if someone could physically take advantage of me. I can probably outrun them if I had to. 🙂
- The more exercise that you do the better that you will sleep at night.
- The more exercise that you do the more hobbies that you can experience and go on more adventures. Since my weight loss I have gone horseback riding, ziplining and rock climbing. I no longer am the one just taking the pictures of others having fun. I am participating in life. 🙂
What other benefits can you think of from exercising? I know that I am not the only one.