Both Mike and I loved this one. He of course did not have the salsa with his but now that I have had fresh salsa I can’t imagine using the store-bought again. This was so great. I used fresh tomatoes from my own garden. I used the Flatouts that are only 6 net carbs each for the wrap. If you want to use a low carb tortilla you can do that as well.
Grilled Chicken & Salsa Flatouts
- 1 1/4 cup Lawry’s Herb and Garlic Marinade with Lemon Juice, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilis, drained
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Flatouts
In a large resealable plastic food storage bag, combine 1 cup Lawry’s marinade and chicken. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. In medium bowl combine tomato, chiles, green onion, additional 1/4 cup Lawry’s marinade, vinegar, cilantro, garlic powder and sea salt. Mix well. Cover and store in refrigerator until cold.
Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill over hot coals until chicken is done and juices run clear. Cut chicken into strips and place on center of flatout. Top with cold salsa, roll and serve. Serves 4.
Nutritional information- 174 calories, Carbohydrates- 14.5 ( fiber- 5.6, Sugar- 1.4 grams)
Net carbs- 7.5 carbs each.