This is a very good appetizer but we didn’t eat them as appetizers. We ate them as a meal and we both loved them. I know that you will too.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/3 cup 1 carb Heinz Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons, seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Sugar Twin Brown Sugar Replacement
- 1 can (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Franks Hot Pepper Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ground beef, 1/3 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix thoroughly and shape into 1 inch balls. Place on jellyroll pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked and centers are no longer pink.
Once meatballs are done remove from pan and place in dish.
Mix remaining ingredients on stove and simmer for ten minutes stirring often. Pour over cooked meatballs and serve. Makes 4 dozen meatballs. 5 Meatballs per serving
Nutritional information- 332 calories, 4.5 carbohydrates (Fiber- 0.2 grams, sugar 1.8 grams)
Net Carbs- 2.5