I thought this would be chicken with a sauce on it but it ended up being a very good soup instead. Stephen happened to come by just as it was ready so he tasted it too and loved it. I hope that you do as well.
Basque Chicken with Peppers Soup
- 3 pounds chicken tenders, frozen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 1 can (14–ounce) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- parmesan cheese
In a slow cooker add all ingredients except the parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 7 hours. Serve to bowls and add parmesan cheese to top. Serves 6-8.
Nutritional Information: 338 calories, Carbohydrates- 14.5 grams (fiber- 2.2 grams, sugars- 2.8 grams)
Net Carbs- 9.5 carbs
I am linking this recipe to another blog to share this recipe.