Mike and I loved this so much that I made it two nights in a row. 🙂
Mike of course did not eat the mushrooms but he did love the sauce part of it on his burger. I will absolutely be making this again.
Mushroom Beef Patties
For beef patties
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
In saucepan melt butter and add mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are cooked thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the cheese. Stir frequently until well blended. Heat and add cheese stirring continuously. When cheese is melted remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken in a few minutes.
Serve burger on plate with sauce on top. Makes 5 servings.
Nutritional Information: Calories- 453, Carbs- 3.78 (fiber .64, sugars- 1.38)
Net carbs per serving- 3.14