Today’s recipe comes to you courtesy of my sister, Donna. She is a wonderful cook and spoils us all with meals quite often. Donna has a beautiful new kitchen and just about every kitchen gadget and pot and pan known to man. This recipe makes a huge pot of soup. She uses the 12 quart pot that she bought from Pampered Chef. When she makes this soup she usually shares with several households as it makes so much. This is one of my favorite soup recipes.
I have put this recipe in Map My Fitness for those tracking their calories and carbs through that program.
Chicken Cabbage Soup
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts – boiled in large stock pot
- Chicken broth – additional if needed
- 6 cups yellow squash – sliced and quartered
- 6 cups zucchini – sliced and quartered
- 3 cups celery diced
- 1 large onion diced (approx. 3 cups)
- 7 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups chopped baby carrots
- 1 gallon of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Garlic bulb – crushed
- Celery salt
- Hot sauce