Oh my goodness these are good! Donna and David came by shortly after I removed these from the oven and they agreed with me that this are every kind of awesome! We also agreed that they are screaming for low carb ice cream on top of them but I did not have any at the time. Perhaps next time.
These were very easy to make using my kitchen-aide mixer. I know you will have no problem if you are using a hand held mixer instead. I found the original recipe on Delighted Momma’s website. She does a lot of Paleo recipes that look like they would be very good. I had to tweak this a little to be sure that it wouldn’t spike my glucose. You can find her original recipe here.
Almond Butter Blondies
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of unsweetened carob drops
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of melted honey
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I used crunchy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- a dash of salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans- add to top prior to baking
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut- add to top prior to baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all of the wet ingredients then add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a 8×8 baking dish and spread the mixture evenly along the bottom.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!