New Project

While visiting my daughter in Virginia last week I went to an antique mall and found a piece of furniture that will be perfect for my home. I am not exactly sure what to call this. It is sort of a bookshelf and sort of a desk. What do you think this is?

The top shelf folds down to make a desk.

Whoever painted it in the past didn’t do a very good job of it. The furniture wasn’t primed or sanded and the paint is peeling horribly. I will be stripping it down and adding paint, wash and a wax to it.

Do any of you have any idea of what era this piece is from and what it is exactly called so I can do research on it?


3 responses to “New Project

  1. looks like some form of a”secretary” desk

  2. We called them secretaries back in the 1950s. I had one and I was in high school then.

  3. Looks like a great find!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s