I had a container of crab dip left over from making the stuffed peppers last week so I decided to come up with something new using it. I am in love with this new recipe. My only disappointment is that I have no one else to try it to get a second opinion on it. I rate it a 10 out of 10 in all areas of flavor, time and how easy it is to make. I figured that it came out to 5 carbs per slice but you can easily get it down to 1 carb each if you use crab instead of crab dip.
Crab Crusted Cod
- 4 large pieces of cod, thawed
- 1 container of Kroger Traditional Crab Dip (or 6 ounces canned drained crab)
- 2 Tablespoons Mozzarella Cheese, finely shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, finely shredded
- 2 Tablespoons red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons yellow pepper, finely chopped
Gently press the water out of the pieces of cod and place in an 8 inch square casserole dish. Mix crab dip, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, red pepper and yellow pepper in a small bowl and spread evenly on top of cod pieces. Place in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.