As you all know I absolutely love to hike in WV. I found this link that recommends hiking in WV and lists the beautiful places to hike with gorgeous pictures to encourage you to go there. I have already been to several of them but I need to get busy to go to the rest of them. To see the page please go here.
There are 17 places to go to. I will list them all here.
- Audra State Park in Buchannon WV
- Babcock State Park in Clifftop, WV
- Beartown State Park in Hillsboro, WV
- Beechfork State Park in Huntington, WV- I have been here multiple times but never had the opportunity to hike there. I need to remedy that.
- Berkeley Springs State Park in Berkeley Springs, WV
- Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis, WV
- Bluestone State Park in Hinton, WV- I have driven through the park but again didn’t get to hike there. ::sigh::
- Cacapon State Park in Berkeley Springs, WV
- Canaan Valley State Park in Davis, WV
- Cathedral State Park in Aurora, WV
- Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park in Hillsboro, WV
- Hawks Nest State Park in Ansted, WV- I have been here multiple times but it was always for family picnics so no opportunity to hike.
- Little Beaver State Park in Beaver, WV
- Prickett’s Fork State Park in Fairmont, WV
- Tu-Endie-Wei State Park in Point Pleasant- I have been here several times but never found a place to hike there. I will need to look into it.
- Valley Falls State Park in Fairmont, WV
- Watoga State Park in Marlinton, WV
There are a few other State Parks that I have been to and even hiked there but for some reason they never made the list. I will add those here.
- Pipestem State Park- I have spent 5 days here in their lodge and hiked every single day. I absolutely love going there.
- Twin Falls State Park- I haven’t hiked there but I did go there for lunch a few weeks ago when I had a break in my schedule and I can’t wait to go back to hike.
- North Bend State Park- I have hiked there with a group from college. It was beautiful there.