Today my sister Donna and her husband David came to spend the day after church. We spent our time baking Cranberry Pecan and Chocolate Chip Muffins then we made this new recipe. It turned out even better than I had anticipated. All three of us enjoyed it and I will be making this often.
Cheesy Fajita Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup triple cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Colby, Monterrey jack cheese blend, shredded
- guacamole and salsa to garnish
In a non-stick pan add olive oil and when hot add onion and stir until onion is almost carmelized. Add all bell peppers and continue to stir often until peppers are almost cooked tender. Add chicken and cook until chicken is completely cooked. Add all spices and stir until well blended. Next add all cheeses and stir until completely melted.
I ate mine without a wrap but Donna and David used low carb tortilla wrappers to eat theirs. I added guacamole and salsa to mine and it was very good. Serves 8.