I bought an Instant Pot a few weeks ago and I love it. Tonight I attempted to convert a recipe from this blog to the Instant Pot but it made soup instead. I decided to go with it and I am so glad that I did. This was very good and quick and easy to make.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot I highly recommend getting one.
I have been doing the Trim Healthy Mama diet for 3 months now and I have lost 26 pounds. I feel so much better. This would be an S meal.
Italian Sausage Pepper Cheese Soup- Instant Pot Recipe
- 1.5 pounds Italian Sausage (I used bulk breakfast sausage and added a teaspoon of dried fennel leaves while cooking)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce that does not contain sugar.
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used about 2 teaspoons from a jar)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
In your Instant Pot add the sausage and saute until lightly browned stirring often. Once it is completed turn off the saute option.
Add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon of dried basil. Stir well.
Add peppers to the top and do not stir. Add lid to pain with the liner in it. Choose the manual option and set for 25 minutes. Once cooked do a quick release and once safe remove lid.
Stir in Mozzarella Cheese and additional 1/2 teaspoon dried basil. Ladle soup into bowls and add Parmesan Cheese to the top.