Caleb came to spend the night and he brought a cookbook with him. He had several pages marked with post-it notes for recipes that he wanted to try. Most of them were desserts but I did find one that I could adapt to make it low carb. It turned out to be pretty good and boy did my home smell good when it was cooking.
Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Splenda or equivalent of sugar substitute
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix all ingredients well and pour into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve warm with heavy whipped cream on top.
I mixed heavy whipping cream with a bit of splenda and poured it on top as I did not have any canned heavy whipping cream.
This recipe is a keeper. Caleb is currently on his second dish!!